Microsoft Technical Specialist - CCL
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Microsoft Technical Specialist program provides training for an entry-level position working with Windows networks. Knowledge and skills are developed to install, configure, customize, optimize, and troubleshoot Windows servers and Windows client workstations. The courses in the program also help to prepare for Microsoft Certified Product Specialist (MCP) and Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP) examinations. The curriculum ideally is taught by Microsoft Certified Professionals.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
++ indicates any module/suffixed courses.
|CIS105||Survey of Computer Information Systems (3) OR|
|Permission of Department or Division||0-3|
|CIS121AB||Microsoft Command Line Operations (1) OR|
|CIS221AB||Microsoft Power Shell (1)||1|
|BPC170||Computer Maintenance: A+ Exam Prep Level I||3|
|BPC270||Computer Maintenance: A+ Exam Prep Level II||3|
|CIS190||Introduction to Local Area Networks (3) OR|
|CNT140||Cisco Networking Basics (4) OR|
|MST140||Microsoft Networking Essentials (3)||3-4|
|MST150||Microsoft Windows Professional (3) OR|
|MST150++||Any MST150 Microsoft Windows course (3)||3|
|CIS270||Essentials of Network and Information Security||3|
- Implement DOS commands and functions. (CIS121AB, CIS221AB)
- Identify basic personal computer architecture and components. (BPC170, BPC270)
- Troubleshoot problems with various common hardware and software configurations. (BPC170, BPC270)
- Analyze local area network LAN topologies and communication standards. (CIS190, CNT140, MST140, MST150, MST150++)
- Identify the hardware and software components of a local area network. (CIS190, CNT140, MST140)
- Create and manage user and group accounts. (CIS190, CNT140, MST140, MST150, MST150++)
- Implement and troubleshoot network printers. (MST150, MST150++)
- Secure network resources with share permissions and New Technology File System (NTFS) permissions. (MST150, MST150++, CIS270)
- Install, configure, and optimize Windows network operating system. (MST150, MST150++)
- Monitor network resources and events. (CIS270)
Additional information is available at MCCCD's Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation.
All information published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change.
Please refer to the Official MCCCD CCTA website for official programs information.