Employee and Organizational Learning
Paradise Valley Community College Center for Employee & Organizational Learning is a collaborative catalyst for the improvement of student learning, success and achievement through the personal and professional growth of all employees, work units and functional areas within our institution.
The mission of the Center for Employee & Organizational Learning at Paradise Valley Community College is to assist in the continuous improvement of the college as a more learning centered organization. Our constant and central focus is higher levels of student performance and achievement.
• Develop a college climate that encourages and rewards innovation and risk-taking.
• Encourage collaboration within and among employee groups, disciplines, work units, and functional areas.
• Provide opportunities to explore methods of improved teaching and learning.
• Provide opportunities for continuous faculty, staff and administrative learning and personal and professional improvement.
LEARNING EVENTS at PVCC - Save the Date!
Fall Learning Week is Monday, August 17-Saturday, August 22, 2015
• New Employee Orientation for all board approved new employees hired between September 2015 and August 17, 2015
Monday, August 17, KSC1000A - 12:00 – 3:00pm – Lunch included
• Fall Convocation is Tuesday, August 18, 2015 8:30-11:00am - KSC1000A/B
Fall Start-up Thank You Meeting
Thursday, September 3, 2015 - 11:30am – 1:00pm, KSC1000A/B
For all staff involved in the semester start-up
MCCCD/United Way Day of Giving
Friday, October 16 - More Informatin TBA
President's Fall Leadership Luncheon
Tuesday, October 20, 12:00 - 1:30pm, KSC1000A/B
Free Speech Week – October 19-25, 2015
- Wednesday and Thursday! More Information Available Soon
Spring 2016 Learning Week
Monday, January 11 – Friday, January 15, 2016
Employee Convocation - Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 8:30am- 11:00am
Friday, February 12, 2016 - Time TBA, KSC1000A/B
Year End Employee Recognition Meeting and Luncheon
Friday, May 6, 2016
11:00am - 12:45pm
Kranitz Student Center - Patayan Room, KSC1000A/B
VISIT THE LEARNING CENTERED COLLEGE WEBSITE
To learn more about PVCC's journey to become a "more" learning centered college
"The future is determined by the stories that we tell and believe...we have the internal power to create the future.”
Peter Senge at Systems Thinking Conference on November 19, 2008
How do you bring learning alive at PVCC?...Share your story here: Email