University Transfer Center
Need an appointment with an ASU Transfer Specialist? PVCC's rep is Lucia Rodriguiz.
Click Here to schedule an appointment with Lucia.
There are two types of transfer students: Those who transfer from another college/university to PVCC and those who transfer from PVCC to another college/university.
This page is designed for those who plan on attending PVCC and earning their degree or AGEC then transferring on to a college/university to earn their Bachelor’s Degree.
Step 1: Do your homework
- Research the various careers and majors
- Take a career inventory assessment
- Meet with one of our career counselors
Step 2: Pick your major
- You can be open to more than one major, but narrowing it down will be a great help in ensuring you are taking the proper courses.
Step 3: Choose the appropriate PVCC transfer degree
- Transfer Degree List
- Meet with an Academic Advisor to ensure you are in the proper degree in your Student Center.
Step 4: Investigate schools that offer your major
- Maricopa Community Colleges partner schools
- National Center for Education Statistics – Nationwide college search
- Meet with representatives from the schools you are interested in. Our Fall and Spring Transfer Fairs are a great way to explore many schools in one location!
Step 5: Apply to your chosen transfer schools
- This is an event offered in Fall & Spring semesters where representatives from various 4-year Colleges and Universities come to share information about their colleges and programs.
- These events are for all students, not just those ready for transfer. Getting an early start on your research can only help you in the long run.
- Typically held in the KSC Patayan community room, college reps sit at tables ready and waiting to share information with prospective students. They typically have brochures and other materials for you and will answer any questions you have about their school.
- Your job is to gain knowledge about each of these schools and how they can help you achieve your academic goals.
- Do you have ______ major?
- What is the cost of attending your institution?
- Do you offer scholarships? What about special scholarships for transfer students?
- What is the GPA needed to be accepted to your institution?
- As a transfer student, will I need to take the SAT or ACT?
- Are the admission requirements the same for the school as they are for the specific major I am interested in?
- How many credits do you accept from PVCC?
- Do you accept students in both the Fall and Spring semesters?