The Infrastructure Resources and Technology Services (IRTS) department at Paradise Valley Community College is pleased to provide free wireless Internet access on campus.
Who can access pvc-wifi?
Anybody who is registered within the Maricopa Community Colleges Student Information System (SIS) can use pvc-wifi. If you are already registered, you can use your MyMaricopa/Canvas credentials to get authenticated:
MEID (Maricopa Enterprise Identification)
- example: JIQZX12345
If you are not registered with the Maricopa Community College District, you can visit My Maricopa and register for an MEID. It generally takes about 20 minutes to establish your MEID. Once your information is in the Maricopa Student Information System, you will be able to access pvc-wifi.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a fee to access the pvc-wifi wireless network?
- No. The wireless network at PVCC is open to anyone who is registered within the Maricopa Community Colleges.
- Guest accounts are available upon request for campus guests.
I can't see the pvc-wifi network on my computer.
- If your laptop has a software feature or external switch for wireless settings, make sure it is turned on.
- You must have pvc-wifi selected as your wireless network.
- Are you located in or around the buildings that have wifi access?
I can load the login page, but I keep failing authentication.
Are you using the proper login credentials
- Maricopa Enterprise ID, password
- Remember, these credentials are the same ones used to log into MyMaricopa and Canvas.
Can I print from the wireless network?
- Printing is not available from the wireless network.
- If you need to print, you can do so in the Computer Commons or Library.
Do I have to logout when I am done?
- No, you will be logged-out automatically. Your session will end when you have been inactive for one hour or more.
Who do I contact for technical support or feedback?
- We can't fix your laptop for you...but you can call the student helpdesk at (602)787-7780 if you have connectivity issues.
- You can visit the student helpdesk at the Computer Commons located in E Building.
- You can email us at email@example.com