The Development, Alumni and Community Relations Office fosters relationships between PVCC and its external constituents to develop support for the college. The office manages donor relationships, gifts to the college, resource development activities, alumni programming, advocacy efforts and special events. It serves as the college’s liaison with the Maricopa Community Colleges Foundations.
Outcomes for PVCC Office of Development, Alumni and Community Relations
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the office including personnel, budgets, workflow, timelines and quality control.
- Develop and implement strategic, comprehensive fundraising, alumni relations and community development plans in accordance with the mission and strategic priorities of the college.
- Create, plan, implement and evaluate donor, alumni and community events both on and off campus.
- Provide oversight and management of the fundraising lifecycle (prospect, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship) to secure $100,000.00 in donations.
- Serve as the college liaisons to the Maricopa Community Colleges Foundation and the MCCD Alumni Committee.
- Utilize, update and edit databases on a continuous basis, especially Raisers Edge, to prioritize outreach, engagement and fundraising.
- Identify key internal and external audiences for fundraising, outreach and communications initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with new Marketing staff to further develop and evaluate strategies to communicate and engage with internal and external constituents and inform them of current college events and opportunities (i.e. eNewsletter).
- Establish and maintain collegial and responsive relationships with community members, faculty, staff, administration and donors with an eye on developing new partnerships to benefit the college.
- Strengthen and enhance the memberships of the President's Community Advisory Council and the Philanthropy Council and on-board new members.
- Build on and enhance existing community partner programs.
- In collaboration with VP of Academic Affairs, Division Chairs and faculty, focus on 2 academic areas for community outreach.
- Represent the college in the community and determine ROI of Chamber relations and attendance at various events.
- Establish three alumni events that collectively engage 50 PVCC alumni and determine sustainability of these efforts for the future.
- Develop a strategy to effectively use social media to enhance outreach and engagement, especially for alumni.